piątek, 25 września 2009

Voyage 34: The Complete Trip


Dziś chciałbym Państwu zaprezentować mini album zespołu Porcupine Tree, zatytułowany Voyage 34: The Complete Trip. Jest to album początkowo wydany w 1992 roku jako dwa 12" single - Phase I i Phase II. Następnie w 1993 roku ukazały się remiksy, czyli Phase III i Phase IV. Dziś te winyle są już prawie nie do dostania, a jak się znajdą, to są bardzo drogie. Nieważne. Panowie z wytwórni stwierdzili, że materiał muzyczny jest bardzo interesujący i warto byłoby wszystkie Fazy połączyć i wytłoczyć na jednej płycie CD.

Gdyby ktoś nie wiedział, płyty CD-R to płyt kompaktowe z możliwością jednokrotnego zapisu i wielokrotnego odczytu. Mają pojemność od 200 MB (tzw. mini disc) do 870 MB. Najpopularniejsze wersje mieszczą 700 MB, co jest równoznaczne z 80 minutami muzyki. Materiałem do produkcji płyt jest poliwęglan. Kompakty zawierają spiralny rowek, który prowadzi wiązkę lasera podczas zapisu lub odczytu danych.

Wracając do tematu głównego, zremasterowana wersja Voyage 34 ukazała się w 2000 roku, a 4 lata później nakładem wytwórni Snapper Music, okraszona ciekawymi ilustracjami.

Album ten jest instrumentalną opowieścią, przedstawiającą historię chłopaka o imieniu Brian, który zażywa LSD po raz 34 w życiu. Muzyka ukazuje jego przeżycia, emocje, które wyzwala w nim narkotyk. W utwory wplecione są partie narratora, który mówi co w danej chwili dzieje się z Brianem. Całość wprowadza niezwykle psychodeliczny klimat, słuchacz może wczuć się w emocje głównego bohatera. Wolę nie myśleć jak tej płyty słuchałoby się po kwasie...

Poniżej prezentuję fragmenty narratora i osób opowiadających na albumie. Płytę można nabyć w dobrych sklepach muzycznych. Gdyby ktoś chciał próbkę, proszę napisać do mnie. Pozdrawiam

***

VOYAGE 34: THE COMPLETE TRIP

This remarkable, sometimes
incoherent transcript illustrates
a phantasmagoria of fear,
terror, grief, exaltation and
finally breakdown. Its highlights
have been compressed on this
recording to make their own
disquieting points.

The time is 9.30 PM, one
hour after the participants
have eaten sugar cubes
saturated with LSD. We
hear Brian and his fellow
travellers observing their
gradual transformation.

Brian's been amusing his
friends by chewing on some
plastic flashbulbs.

Brian's mood is gradually
changing. He orders all of
his friends into another room
and closes the door.

He sits alone on the wooden floor,
visible only by the dim light shining from the bathroom.
He talks to himself.

The time is now 1 am.
Brian is unable to snap his fingers and terminate the trip,
which continues.

He sobs, as his joy turns to fear.

Brian's rocky journey ended twelve hours after it so innocently had begun. He was shattered by it.

This young man never had a bummer in some thirty-three LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight. Everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, any time. But on Voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.

The LSD trip is a pilgrimage far out beyond your normal mind, into that risky and revelatory territory which has been explored for thousands of years by mystics and visionary philosophers.

Well I never think that when I'm twenty-one, I'm twenty-one - I think of tomorrow or this minute...

And hope there's a tomorrow, 'cause I don't like what's going on in the world. I'm scared of that, more than drugs. I'm not afraid of them.

I'm just... I'm just scared you know?

We're told that perhaps a million Americans, most of them young people, have made the LSD experience part of their lives. Is that a social menace and a cause for alarm?

I don't think so.
I see nothing less that the
speedy evolution of a new,
indigeneous religion.

I'm just...
I'm just scared you know?

Everybody is... pretty uptight.

I'm just... I'm just scared...you know?

The LSD religionist knows; that the temple of worship is the human body, that the shrine must be located, not in a public place, but in the privacy of your own home, and that the congregation cannot extend beyond your family and your closest friends...

...And then the paintings on the walls were dripping. You know...you could see the painting coming down like this, just like if somebody was hosing it off at the top and all the paint was running down onto the floor. And it was so pretty...they were running. Like they were melting! It was groovy...

It was like a... it was like a massage. It was so... it was so groovy, you can't believe how groovy... it wasn't just water hitting you, taking a shower, soap and out you go, you know, towel off. It was just... oh wow ! You know it was like... it was like... it was like a caress. You know kind of... and you could really feel the hot and the cold. You could feel hot "hot" and cold "cold", you know and... and each little drop that came out was a different one, you know... it wasn't... I don't think the watr must mix inside. It must come out hot and cold or something, 'cos you could feel hot cold hot cold all over you. It was really groovy.

I guess... it was... I guess the word for it is sensual...
you know just...
your body just oh! It grooved!

For psychedelics stimulators of ideas and feelings,
but generally these ideas and feelings would
express themselves constructively rather than
violently or destrictively.

If it were possible during a riot to spray small doses
of LSD from a helicoptr into the air...
People would soon quiten...

Is this trip really necessary?

***

Is this trip really necessary?

1 komentarz:

Somebody pisze...

Myślę, że sympatyczniej byłoby, gdybyś przesłał fragment tej historii, ale nie w formie tekstowej, a audio. Chociażby z tego względu, że z muzyką na pewno brzmi lepiej ;)